Grace and Peace to you this season of Thanksgiving!
It is with great joy that I share with you Union Presbyterian Seminary’s third seasonal devotion! This project began as a simple suggestion early in the fall of 2015 as a special addition to our “Congregational Corner”. Only hours after we announced our first Advent devotion, hundreds of alumni and friends of Union had subscribed to the devotion via email and shared it with their own friends and family. Each day, we journeyed through Advent, side by side, reflecting with Union alumni in many different stages of ministry. We gathered again during Lent, reflecting weekly with Union trustees and current students as we wove our way to the Cross.
This Advent season, I invite you to join members of Union’s faculty and staff of both the Richmond and Charlotte campuses, in daily devotion.
Each scripture selection (with the exception of a small handful) has been selected from the PC(USA) Book of Daily Prayer. You are encouraged to follow along with both the devotion and this daily prayer practice as we once again embark on the journey to the manger, where we will celebrate Christ’s birth with one another.
As we prepare for the journey, please be sure to both subscribe to the online devotion via email AND download the PC(USA) Daily Prayer “App” in your mobile app store (or use your “little red book”!)
Instructions for Subscribing to “Seasonal Devotions”:
1) Go to http://www.upsemdevotions.wordpress.com
2) Under “Follow Blog via Email”, enter your preferred email address
3) Check your email each morning during Advent! Devotions will go “Live” at 8am each day
and will automatically be sent to all subscribers.
Instructions for downloading the Daily Prayer app:
1) Open your app store on your mobile device and search for “PCUSA Daily Prayer”
2) Purchase the app! Note: This app cost $2.99.
3) Open the app! It will automatically open to the correct day and time (morning, afternoon, evening)- each devotion will note the time of day during which the scripture is used.
We pray that this devotion will serve as a beautiful resource for you during your own Advent journey, and that it will help each of you reconnect with your Union friends and family in a new way. You are invited to comment on each devotion and share as you feel led so that all might find nourishment during this Advent season.
Grace, Peace, and Advent Joy,
Rev. Jordan B. Davis (M. Div. ’14)
Church Relations Officer